LET US KNOW SOME UNKNOWN FACTS!
WHAT IS MEDSCAPE?
Medscape is the foremost online platform whereby globally verified doctors and healthcare professionals can provide latest medical resources and pharmaceutical information to the people in need.
“53% of hospitals used telehealth in 2013, and another 10% were beginning the implementation process”.
-American Hospital Association
The main purpose of Medscape- to enhance the patient care with authenticable and detailed information.
Medscape is considered to be the most reliable online medical resource so far. Medscape deliberately scored 3rd position among top medical apps.
FROM WHEN IT STARTS? BY WHOM?
• Medscape is created on the year of 1995 by Peter Frishauf and his founder’s team. During the creation of Medscape, he worked as CEO of SCP Communications [medical information company]
• September 1999- Medscape went public and began its dealing with NASDAQ
• 2000- Medscape got merged with Medical Logic Inc., Within a year and six months the company went bankrupt
• 2001- Medical Logic Inc., sold Medscape to WebMD
• 2009- WebMD announced iOS application of Medscape
• 2015- New version of Medscape launched- Medscape CME & Education
Users: 13million+ downloads
Rating: 4+ out of 5
Headquarters: New York, NY
VERSION- Medscape CME & Education
Medscape CME [Continuing Medical Education] & Education is a stable lane where students can pursue medical education among 30+ specialties. Both the iOS and android users can access this app based on their easement.
It is designed with many facilities like credit tracker, and different learning methods. Through credit tracker, learners can track their activities, rewards earned and certificates for completed courses.
Learners can prefer various learning experiences- videos, based on expert perspectives, theories, and so on.
Branches indulged in Medscape CME & Education;
Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Anesthesiology, Business of Medicine, Cardiology, Critical care, Dermatology, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Hematology, Oncology, HIV/AIDS, Hospital Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Lab Medicine, Nephrology, Neurology, Women’s Health, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Pathology and Lab Medicine, Pediatrics, Plastic surgery & Anesthetic Medicine, Psychiatry & Mental Health, Public Health Prevention, Pulmonary Medicine, Radiology, Rheumatology, Transplantation, Urology.
• Provided with updated information and specialists views over medical quest
• Prescribe apt medical tools and medicines
• Free professional online courses on medical education
• Preferable with 5 languages- English, Deutsch, Espanol, Francais, Portuguese
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
• Eddie and Ozzie Awards 2020- consult Social media/Online community, B2B 2020
• Tele Awards 2019- Non- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma: Test Driving Car- T Cell Therapy
• MM&M Awards 2019- Healthcare Professional Media Brand, Gold, Medscape
• EDDIE and OZZIE Awards 2018- Column/Blog, Healthcare
• Best Healthcare Professional Media Brand
PERSPECTIVES OF MEDSCAPE
4 key source of Medscape: 1-Drugs, Diseases, clinical tools, 2- News and expert perspectives, 3- Medscape consult, 4- CME & Education.
The main focus and perspective of Medscape is to provide expertise medical training and to ensure with other pharmaceutical needs like drugs and herbals, medical procedures, latest clinical guidance, and so on at free of cost.
• 6200+ Reference article which helps in decision making
• Drug interaction verifier and pill identifier
• Comments and suggestions from experts
• Access to learn medicine among 30+ special courses
ACADEMIC PARTNERS OF MEDSCAPE CME & EDUCATION
Albert Einstein Medical Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering, UCSD School of Medicine, UCSF School of Medicine, Yale School of Medicine.
These are all the renowned academies that support Medscape and its Education process with partnership. They enhances the learning progress of Medscape CME & Education through the lectures and guidance of expertise doctors and healthcare professionals.
“Telehealth has been proven to improve overall health outcomes for chronic disease patients, reduce hospitalizations and hospital readmissions among high risk patients, prevent acute events, support adherence to prescribed plans of care, improve patient experience, and lower costs of both patients & healthcare providers”.
-Karen R Thomas